Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Max Adler talks about shooting the kiss scene with Chris Colfer

"I just got the script like any other script. I had no clue what was going on," Adler told MTV News of not getting a heads-up from the writing staff or series creator Ryan Murphy. "I saw Ryan at the premiere, and he said, 'We just wrote some really good stuff for you for episode six,' and I was like, 'Oh, cool. Some more slushies?' " he laughed.



"And then I got the script, and I was reading that scene, and Kurt, he just doesn't let up," Adler said of the heated exchange between his character and Chris Colfer's Kurt. "He keeps on me and he keeps on me, and I thought, 'I'm going to punch him in the face. This is getting serious.' And then I turn the page, and it says: 'Karovsky kisses Kurt.' And I was like, 'What?' I jumped off the couch. I was as shocked as anybody else was. It was totally unexpected."

Adler said he and Colfer didn't discuss the scene beforehand; they just went for it.

"We just kind of showed up. I said [to Colfer], 'Hey, how are you doing? Ready to do this?' And he said, 'Yeah.' And the crew was really mature about it. No one was teasing or poking fun, everyone was really cool," Adler said. "And Chris was just great. He's probably the best actor I've worked with. He just gives so much and you connect with him in every take. As soon as we did the first few rehearsals, he said, 'I have a feeling this is going to be a pretty important scene.' I said, 'I'm kinda getting that vibe too.' And then we just did it and committed and focused. We didn't really talk to each other in between takes, kept our game faces on and went home for the night.

"So, yeah, first time I've kissed a guy, and I'm glad it was Chris Colfer!" Adler laughed.

Source: mtv