Tuesday, November 23, 2010

'Glee' Bully May Never Come Out, Max Adler Says

McKinley High's resident bully Dave Karofsky is causing a whole lot of trouble on "Glee." Tuesday night's (November 23) episode was especially painful to watch, what with his creepy klepto move with Kurt's wedding-cake topper and that unbridled violence. It's enough to make us wonder: What the heck is going to happen to him?

Max Adler, the actor behind Karofsky, recently told MTV News he has some ideas about what might become of his character.

"He could join New Directions, he could be a glee-clubber," Adler offered. "Of course ... he will maybe think about suicide," he added. "Just because that's going on in the nation right now, but I don't know if they're going to touch on that and go that deep.



"I don't know if there is any redemption [for Karofsky]," Adler continued. "I don't know if he's ever going to come out. In high school, that's kind of your world and Karofsky's fear is for people to find out who he is."

The "Glee" star emphasized that as far as his character's arc is concerned, he really doesn't know what's in store but he's glad to be making an impact onscreen.

"I'm really just so thrilled to be able to play this part, and at this point in time in our nation and the world, even. I feel like I'm representing such a large group of people and it's a crucial time. I don't know where it's going to go. I want it to be a great message," Adler said. "I think I want him to have redemption and to eventually realize that people are tolerant and not prejudiced and there's no ignorance and that he can come out and feel safe. I think that would be a great message," he said hopefully. "But it depends where [creator] Ryan Murphy and all of them want to take him."

Source: MTV