Thursday, June 16, 2011

Chris Colfer's New Interview with TVLine


TVLINE | How’s the tour going?
It’s going. We’re in a new city every night. No joke, yesterday I got down to the lobby because we were headed out of our hotel and I literally had to ask the concierge what city I was in, because I did not know.

TVLINE | How does it compare to last year’s tour?
Take last year’s tour and multiply it by a thousand. The biggest venue we played at last year was a 5,000-seat theater, and now we’re selling out 17,000-seat arenas. So a lot [more] people.

TVLINE | Are you exhausted? Do you ever wish you could have a real hiatus like other TV actors, or are you like, “I’m staying on this speeding train for as long as possible.”
It’s both. If I said that I wasn’t absolutely exhausted I would be lying to you. But there’s nothing like walking into an arena and everyone screaming at you.

TVLINE | What did you think of Kurt’s journey last season?
I loved it. His [Season 2] journey completely surpassed last year. Last year was all about him accepting who he was. And Season 2 was more about everyone else accepting him for who he was. I couldn’t be prouder and happier to be playing this character. He’s so inspirational to everyone, myself included.

TVLINE | Most of your shining moments last season were dramatic. Is it odd competing in a comedy category?
Yeah. It’s funny when I have nominations in best supporting actor in a comedy and I’m never funny. People I’m usually nominated with are all pranksters and jokers, and I am not funny. I cry in every episode.

TVLINE | Have you given any thought to which episode you’d submit should you get nominated?
Last year when I was fortunate enough to get nominated it was so easy because I had one episode where I just did everything. But I’ve had so many of those this season it’s going to be a Sophie’s Choice if I get nominated again. Kurt had so many great moments. It’s going to be difficult to pick one. Maybe I’ll ask the fans.

TVLINE | Any hopes and dreams for Kurt next season?
Absolutely. I’m campaigning madly for one storyline in particular.

TVLINE | Can I have a hint?
No. [Laughs]

TVLINE | Does it involve Blaine?
Yes.