Thursday, April 07, 2011

Jonathan Groff discusses return of Jesse St. James on GLEE



Jesse St. James, played by Jonathan Groff, is most known for being Rachel Berry’s (Lea Michele) ex-boyfriend from the rival Carmel High School.

“I love his confidence and how unabashedly full of himself he is,” Groff said. “Is he good or is he bad? Jesse certainly had a secret. He’s likable and unlikable at the same time. It’s a fun balance.”

In the last episode Jesse appeared in, he egged Rachel in the WMHS parking lot after their relationship turned sour then leads the Vocal Adrenaline glee club to a win over the New Directions in the Regionals competition.

“It was awesome. I loved it,” Groff said of the parking lot scene. “The only thing that was hard was not laughing. It took five or six takes. The lines were so intense.”

“I wish I knew more,” he said of Jesse’s return. “I found out last week. Ryan Murphy contacted me. I start in a week or two.”

“I’ll be singing with Lea probably but I don’t know if he’s raising havoc or coming to apologize.”

“Their relationship was a little unresolved,” he said. “I would like some resolution.”

Source: masslive.com