Friday, April 01, 2011

Elton John slams 'Glee' haters


Elton John says "A lot of bands are saying we don't want our stuff on 'Glee.' Like, lighten up, you a**holes! I mean, this is a compliment."

"[The show] sends a positive message out," he continues. "What the hell is wrong with you guys? ... Kings of Leon, lighten up guys. Come on!"

John insists he feels flattered whenever her hears other people's versions of his songs - even if they're awful.

He adds, "It's so great when people do your songs. I started off as a songwriter, so even now, when I get into an elevator and there's muzak and it's one of my songs, I feel really happy about it because it's a compliment when someone does one of your songs. It doesn't matter if it's a bad version. ... I've never lost that thrill."

Source: MSN