Monday, February 14, 2011

Glee gets rights to Lady Gaga's "Born This Way"

You think that would be enough but I have even more redonkulous news: Lady Gaga just this week gave the Glee producers clearance for tackling her highly anticipated new single, “Born This Way,” which hasn’t even dropped yet! Murphy reveals that the song will be used in a March or April episode and will be centered around closeted gay bully Karofsky (Max Adler). “I love that that song is anthem,” says Murphy. “This show is by nature optimistic and I think a character like Karofsky could turn to booze or pills or alcohol and kill themselves or do something dark. But I also love Max and I love that character and I sorta want that character to have a happy ending. So I don’t really know what that’s going to be, but I do know we’re going to do a whole episode that’s about that song.”

Source: Entertainment Weekly