Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lea Michele talks Rachel's gay dads.


As Gleeks know, Rachel Berry is the daughter of an interracial same-sex couple yet unseen on the FOX hit. But Michele has firm ideas on who she'd like to see as the duo, even if she isn't giving up the names.

"I have two people in my head, when I do the show, who are Rachel's dads," the actress reveals to Zap2it. "One is a personal friend of mine, and one is a very famous person. It's not Hugh Jackman and it's not Taye Diggs, as everybody thinks. I envision them to be a little older than people would expect."

Michele notes that when the time comes for the characters to have faces, she'll trust the choices of her "Glee" boss. "Whoever Ryan Murphy picks is amazing, and I can't wait to meet Rachel's dads. I'm just so excited about that!"

Also exciting for Michele are many of the cast members "Glee" has welcomed in its sophomore season, which includes a special post-Super Bowl episode now being filmed to air Sunday, Feb. 6.

"I really love Ashley Fink, who plays Lauren Zizes; I think she's amazing. And obviously, there's Dot-Marie (Jones), who plays Coach Beiste. She's so incredible, such an asset to the show.

"I also love that they're featuring Lauren Potter, who plays Becky Jackson," Michele adds. "I think the great thing about our show this season is that it's put a lot more focus on its regulars... Brittany (Heather Morris), Santana (Naya Rivera), Mike Chang (Harry Shum Jr.). It's featuring original cast members who might not have gotten that opportunity in the first season."


source