Friday, October 01, 2010

Lea Michele Was No Teacher's Pet

Lea Michele is famous for playing fame-hungry Rachel Berry in Glee, but in real life, she says her school teachers were “threatened” by her because she starred in a New York production of Les Miserables as a child.

She told Britain’s Marie Claire magazine: “My acting teachers and music teachers didn’t really like me and they kind of ignored me.



“I think that they were threatened by the fact that I had worked before. Maybe it made them uncomfortable, I would have loved for them to have taught me but maybe they felt like they couldn’t.

“They just ignored me and didn’t really pay attention to me.”

Lea says her unsupportive teachers are now paying the price for their behavior because she could be praising them for their influence on her career now, instead of criticizing them.

Asked how it made her feel, she said: “Like, they were stupid, that it was pretty silly of them.
“I’m on a show called Glee right now and I could sing their praises, but unfortunately I don’t have anything to say.”


Source: zimbio