Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Charice found out about casting via Twitter posts

Sometimes, people found out about their jobs in unusual ways. The prime example for this now comes in pint-size pop star Charice, who recently revealed that it was thanks to Twitter that she first heard she was cast in "Glee" this season:

“It was like three months ago, and my mom and I were talking about it, and so she talked to my manager. Glee’s my favorite show, and so we tried. We talked to Ryan [Murphy]. I sang for [him] but I never expected that I would be a part of it. And I found out on Twitter. I was like, ‘This is not true,’ so after 30 minutes, I got an e-mail from them [saying], ‘Congratulations.’




“I love all the cast. They actually really gave me a warm welcome when I was on the set. I love my character. It’s really me. It’s very Charice, because I love wearing glasses kind of nerdy kind of cutie, fashionable clothes and all that. It’s really me. I love it.”


Examiner